Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Hero Week 5

Hey heroes-

I know I already emailed you about week 5, but here is the blog post from two Thursdays ago (for record-keeping sake). 

Shortly I will be posting a blog from our class 4 days ago. Thanks Heroes!



Hooah Heroes

Did you know HUA (phoenetic spelling is hooah) is an acronym used in our military, and it means Heard, Understood, and Acknowledged? Pretty cool. Here, I used it as a greeting...so there ya go. A little military trivia introduction  :-)

General Schmieder ran an EXCELLENT simulation yesterday, helping you to see and understand how to tailor and conduct your three interviews with individuals who lived through the WWII era.

I heard that most of you were very well engaged, and we really appreciate that! That will help you be better prepared for the real deal, so great job!

Gen. Schmieder also gave a great lecture (wish I was there!) on the Allied powers of WWII. I hope you took notes! And General, please feel free to email your lecture notes...I would LOVE to read them!

Your assignments for the week:

--Identify who you will interview...and get started on those 3 interviews! Remember to follow the instructions in your binder on how to conduct/record them.

--Finish The Hiding Place as we will discuss it next week! (Remember your donut orders...don't let yourself down, now!)

--WORK on your HERO projects! You should be adding a little each week...DO NOT save it all for the last week or two of class. 


Any questions, please contact us!
See you next week...

Gen. Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment